Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi (GCEK) established in the year 2009 by an act of Govt. of Odisha and is functioning as a constituent college of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha. The institute is located at the district headquarter of Kalahandi, i.e. Bhawanipatna. The Institute is spread over a sprawling campus with Calm surrounding these creating a serene atmosphere. The main objective of GCEK is to impart technical knowledge and train the students for developing their intellectual powers and entrepreneurial skill. It offers 4 UG and 2 PG programmes. Currently there are 1200 students studying here and is a major educational hub in the western part of Odisha.
How to reach GCEK Bhawanipatna
- The institute is located in the district headquaters of Kalahandi, i.e., Bhawanipatna. The exact location is about 6 KM away from Bhawanipatna on the way to Junagarh.
- Bhawanipatna is smoothly connected to major cities of Odisha like Berhampur, Cuttuck, Bhubaneshwar, Sambalpur, Rourkela etc by Bus and Rail. It is connected to major cities of other states like Vishakhapatnam (A.P), Raipur (C.G) etc. by interstate bus service.
- Bhawanipatna railway station is about 6 KM away the Institute.
- Kesinga railway station is about 36 KMs away from the Institute.
- Nearest Airports are situate at Bhubaneshwar, Raipur and Vishakhapatnam